Saturday, May 29, 2010

COCKTAIL TIME- Cucumber Ginger Sake-tini




It’s cocktail hour and I have the perfect refreshing spring/summertime adult beverage to enjoy. I came up with this creation to pair with an Indonesian dish called Gado Gado. I was making a test webisode for the TV cooking show I’m working on. I made the dish in the form of rolls with a spicy peanut dipping sauce. This drink would be both great on its own, or with an Asian dish of some kind. These would also be great for a cocktail party. It’s fun to say, look at and of course to drink.

And for a treat, I also have a little video of how to make this terrific drink. This video is just a part of what we filmed for the test webisode.

With out further ado I give you the recipe to my sassy Cucumber Ginger Sake-tini!



CUCUMBER GINGER SAKE-TINI
Serves 1

Ingredients
2 T chopped fresh cucumber
1 T chopped fresh ginger
1 T chopped fresh mint
2 T agave nectar or simple syrup* or to taste
2.5 oz. Vodka (I like to use an organic vodka called Square One. It is very smooth and delicious.)
2.5 oz Sake (I like to use a clear sake from Osaka called Junmaishu from Akishika.)
Ice cubes
Thin cucumber slices and mint leaves, for garnish

*Simple syrup is made of equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar is dissolved and then cooled.

Directions
Add the cucumber, mint and ginger into a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add the agave syrup, vodka, sake, ice and shake to combine. Adjust sweetness if needed. For the garnish lay a cucumber slice down with a mint leaf pressed onto it. Slice through the cucumber slice with mint leaf from middle to end and put on the rim of a martini glass. Strain drink into a chilled martini glass, serve and enjoy.





Till next time, live, love, eat some fantastic food AND drink some sassy beverages.

2 comments:

  1. Best part of the shoot was the cocktail at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe! where did you get the Akishika Sake? I'm looking for it for a restaurant in Nashville.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete